When a customer called Penguin Pizza in Boston and ordered pizzas to be delivered to frontline healthcare workers at a nearby hospital, it sparked an idea – we can support local businesses and feed critical frontline workers through one initiative.
Feeding the Frontline is a donation-based framework that supports both restaurants and frontline workers during the COVID-19 crisis. Through purchasing gift cards or meals from participating businesses, those working tirelessly on the frontline are provided with nourishment to help fuel them through their shifts.
On April 4th, we launched a Feeding the Frontline campaign at OTTO. Here’s how it works:
- Customers can support by contributing at ottoportland.com/shop
- Our team reaches out to various frontline facilities that are currently accepting donations within our communities
- Using the contributions from our website, we create orders to fit the specific needs of each facility
- Deliveries and pickups are coordinated by our team, with the safety of all parties involved as our top priority
- Contributors receive an email after their donation has been put to work
We’ve had an extremely positive response from our community, and are happy to say we’ve already fulfilled several orders. The healthcare workers and first responders who have received orders could not be more appreciative.
We cannot thank our contributors enough for helping us make this possible, and promise to continue working hard to feed the frontline workers in our communities.
To contribute, please go to our website or feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.